When you can get it to work correctly, Google Finance is a reasonable source of market information, with some useful historical data and graphing tools. It has had some criticism over the accuracy of data, and there are probably better sources of market news, but is generally pretty quick and largely free of ads, unlike other similar sites, such as Yahoo! Finance.
I’ve tried it a couple of times today, from different locations, and it worked fine in one place, and redirected in the other.
According to Chris Cathcart, there’s a redirect in place making this happen, which seems like a strange thing to do.
Anyone got any ideas why this might be the case?
As an aside, Google Chrome popped up with its new translate feature when I was presented with the Hong Kong version of Google Finance, so I tried it out, and it seemed to fare quite well:
(Click to enlarge)
- Monzo For Android Devices (May 25, 2016)
- Gocompare.com Launches Enhanced Current Account Comparison Service (March 26, 2015)
- Paypal Mobile App Redesign (February 21, 2016)
- MoneyDashboard Launches New iOS & Android Apps (September 5, 2016)
- Monzo Adds Siri Integration, Launches On Android (September 30, 2016)