Facebook was recently valued at a staggering $50 billion thanks to a $500 million investment by Goldman Sachs.
With 500 million users, that means each account is worth $100 to Facebook, or £64 at the current exchange rate.
Whilst that might not sound a lot per person, collectively it means that Facebook is now one of the highest value internet companies going.
TheNextWeb puts it into perspective with this infographic, showing that Facebook is fourth on the list behind Apple, Google and Amazon(click for larger image):
- Infographic: Mobile Wallets Compared (August 19, 2015)
- Apple Pay Now Supports Halifax & Lloyds (September 11, 2015)
- Apple Pay Coming To The UK In July 2015 (June 8, 2015)
- Barclays Top Bank On Facebook (September 20, 2015)
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)