Facebook was recently valued at a staggering $50 billion thanks to a $500 million investment by Goldman Sachs.
With 500 million users, that means each account is worth $100 to Facebook, or £64 at the current exchange rate.
Whilst that might not sound a lot per person, collectively it means that Facebook is now one of the highest value internet companies going.
TheNextWeb puts it into perspective with this infographic, showing that Facebook is fourth on the list behind Apple, Google and Amazon(click for larger image):
- Warning: Amazon Prime Renewal Phone Call Scam (July 27, 2020)
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)
- Avoid This Amazon Scam (January 18, 2017)
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Google To Shut Down Their Financial Comparison Service (February 24, 2016)