During the recession and economic downturn there has been a lot of discussion about Britain’s commitments to foreign aid, and whether we should be giving such large amounts of money to other countries whilst our own economy is struggling. Regardless of this, how does our generosity compare to other countries around the world? The following infographic shows how the UK compares to other countries.
Compared with the US and some of our large European neighbours, such as France and Germany, we turn out to be pretty generous, and give more than the global average. But some Northern European countries, such as Norway and Denmark give far more in foreign aid per head than we do.
Click for a larger version.
- MoneyDashboard Launches New iOS & Android Apps (September 5, 2016)
- Monzo Adds Siri Integration, Launches On Android (September 30, 2016)
- Monzo For Android Devices (May 25, 2016)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Paypal Mobile App Redesign (February 21, 2016)