Chris Skinner at the Financial Services Club blog has taken a look at an innovative app for Spanish bank Bankinter, which uses an iPhone to scan customers’ irises, verifying their identity in order to access their brokerage accounts.
I’m not sure how easy this is to setup or how well it works in practice, but it’s probably not unrealistic to see this sort of thing being used to access online/mobile banking sites in the future.
It could potentially also provide a way of authenticating a login to online banking, perhaps we should let HSBC know about this technology, as it could provide an alternative to their not-s0-popular Secure Key widget.
- HSBC Online Banking “Back To Normal” (January 7, 2016)
- Halifax: Mobile Banking Soars As Customers Bank On The Move (May 18, 2015)
- Halifax Online Banking Redesign (September 2, 2015)
- Ernest: Latest Chatbot To Bring Artificial Intelligence To Your Bank Account (January 25, 2017)
- Paranoid Spenders: 43% of Britons Check Online Banking Twice a Day (November 19, 2014)