November 7th, 2009 6 Comments » | POSTED BY ROB
Sell Your Gold Without Getting Ripped Off
The cash-for-gold companies paid 11 to 29 percent of the day’s market price for gold; the other venues, about 35 to 70 percent.
It’s no surprise that we’ve experienced similar problems over this side of the pond, as a lot of the companies that have popped up are actually based in the U.S. (with Money4Gold being one example), with much of your gold eventually being sent to the U.S. to be melted down.
Lifehacker suggests using this calculator to get an idea of the value of your gold – remember, when you’re selling gold in this way, it’s done purely on its quality and weight, not on how old it might be or how it looks.
photo credit: BullionVault
- How To Value Your Gold (October 16, 2009)
- Best Ways To Sell Gold (October 8, 2009)
- Money4Gold In Liquidation (February 14, 2011)
- Don’t Post Your Gold! (November 20, 2009)
- Buy & Sell Gold… At Your Local Shopping Centre (July 10, 2009)
Tags: Money Making