According to research from Sotrender, Barclays UK is the top UK bank/building society on Facebook, based on the number of fanpage likes.
At the end of August, Barclays had over 550,000 likes, up by nearly 2,000 in the month, with Barclaycard a couple of hundred thousand likes behind, second on the list, with 360,000. Here’s the top 10 UK banks on Facebook:
|6||The Royal Bank of Scotland||77,731|
|10||Nationwide Building Society||32,343|
However, despite having the most Facebook likes, Barclays does not fair so well when it comes to engaging their Facebook followers, such as receiving likes or commenting on posts. Only 1% of their likes are classed as engaged users, a far lower percentage than several other banks, including M&S (28%), Clydesdale Bank (19%) & HSBC UK (17%).
The most engaging tweets tended to be for competitions run by the bank, such as this one by M&S Bank:
Finally, Sotrender’s stats also look at how responsive UK banks are when it comes to customer service on Facebook.
Barclaycard responds to the highest percentage of posts on their page (almost 95%), in a pretty quick average time of 13 minutes 12 seconds. M&S bank fairs quite well too, answering 90% of posts in an average of just over 9 minutes, whilst Barclays UK responds to 85% of comments, in a decent time of 13 minutes 50 seconds.
- Cleo: Money Management Via Text & Facebook Messenger (January 25, 2017)
- UK Consumers “Save 34 Years A Month” By Using Contactless Cards (August 31, 2016)
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Chip: Automatic Savings App Launched (October 13, 2016)
- Unshackled.com: Antidote To Rip-Off Mobile Phone Contracts? (June 29, 2016)