If you’ve ever wondered how much the electricity you’re using in your home is costing you minute-by-minute then GoCompare’s real-time electricity calculator will help give you an idea.
Select the appliances you currently have switched on at home andÂ the calculator willÂ tell you roughly how much energy youâ€™re using â€“ and how much itâ€™s costing you. Once you know what youâ€™re spending on powering your home, you can work out what can be switched off to save money.
The calculator also demonstratesÂ how the runningÂ costs add up over time, as the costs increase whilst you look at the page.Â It is hoped that the tool will encourage UK consumers to cut down on their energy usage and save themselves money.
You can check out the calculator here:Â http://www.gocompare.com/gas-and-electricity/real-time-energy-calculator/
Whilst the cost per second will probably look pretty low, once a few seconds tick by you’ll begin to understand how the costs start to add up, I’m just goingÂ to switch off a few lightbulbs.
- Brits â€˜Overwhelmedâ€™ & â€˜Stressedâ€™ By Money Management (January 12, 2017)
- Munnypot Digital Financial Advice Service Launches (January 12, 2017)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Plum, AI Facebook Chatbot For Saving & Investment (February 22, 2017)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)