The Motley Fool has a good list of things to look for in a personal loan. The factors it suggests you consider when choosing a personal loan are:
- Compare APR AND TAR. The TAR will tell you how much the loan will really cost you.
- Avoid payment protection insurance.
- Fixed rate personal loans will give you more certainty about how much you are paying during the term.
- Flexibility – allow yourself the luxury of being able to pay off the loan without penalties.
- Making it unsecured means you shouldn’t lose your home if you can’t afford the repayments.
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- Revolut launches smart Subscriptions feature (October 6, 2020)