The Motley Fool has a good list of things to look for in a personal loan. The factors it suggests you consider when choosing a personal loan are:
- Compare APR AND TAR. The TAR will tell you how much the loan will really cost you.
- Avoid payment protection insurance.
- Fixed rate personal loans will give you more certainty about how much you are paying during the term.
- Flexibility – allow yourself the luxury of being able to pay off the loan without penalties.
- Making it unsecured means you shouldn’t lose your home if you can’t afford the repayments.
- Invalidating your home insurance could be as easy as Airbnb (April 20, 2015)
- Experian Launches Free Credit Score Service (September 7, 2016)
- Yorkshire Building Society Launch Financial Advice By Video (September 23, 2015)
- Trust Me With Your Data, I’m A Banker (September 24, 2013)
- How Much Could You Save By Working From Home? (April 29, 2012)