Just a quick post to point out the results of a survey the Times Online did following the pre-Budget report.
Probably the most interesting question posed asked whether people would be encouraged to spend more money following the cut to VAT.
The result? 95% would not.
This backs up what many commentators predicted at the time – that the cut would have little effect on consumers’ spending habits. Of course, what people answer in surveys, and what they do when they find themselves with 2.5% extra cash in their pockets is another thing.
In all 2,800 readers responded to their questions.
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Plum, AI Facebook Chatbot For Saving & Investment (February 22, 2017)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- Reeclaim: Get Automatic Refunds On Delayed Tube Journeys (April 25, 2018)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)