So, as of this evening, Woolworths is no more – all of its stores have finally shut.
Walking by our local Woolies just the other day, the vast size of the recently emptied store gave an indication of just how big the brand once was – over 800 stores, and one on practically every highstreet in the UK – and sadly how many chart CDs or foot spas they needed to shift in order to keep the business afloat.
How many more businesses will go the same way is difficult to tell, but the recession certainly will sort the wheat from the chaff, and kill off many more businesses who have been on the verge of extinction for a few years.
Now, where can I go and buy a bag of pick n’ mix?
photo credit: .Martin.
- iZettle Celebrates 5th Birthday, Drops Transaction Fees (June 8, 2016)
- Cuvva: Short-Term Car Insurance (September 8, 2016)
- New Five Pound Note: All You Need To Know (September 12, 2016)
- MotionCode: “High-Tech” Credit Card Launched To Combat Fraud (September 28, 2016)
- Zeek Review: Buy & Sell Discount Vouchers & Gift Cards (September 29, 2016)