We’re always on the lookout for new and simple ways of keeping track of spending , and if you’re a fan of GMail, then this neat little solution might be for you.
Using a spreadsheet in Google Documents, you setup a custom form, and basically submit the form from GMail with the details of each transaction to your spreadsheet.
It could be a little tricky to setup initially, but once done, for the regular GMail user it will be easily accessible, which is one of the key things if you’re going to be entering every transaction manually (at least in my experience!).
Once the data is in your Google spreadsheet, it can then be analysed, charted etc. within Google Docs itself, or you can export the data to a programme such as Excel or OpenOffice.
photo credit: adria.richards
- Send & Receive Money In GMail For Android (March 16, 2017)
- Habito Launches “World’s First AI Mortgage Advice Chat Bot” (September 15, 2016)
- Blinq: Expense Tracking App (November 9, 2016)
- Monzo For Android Devices (May 25, 2016)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)