Quite a funny story has emerged regarding SwiftCover’s recent adverts featuring aging rockstar Iggy Pop.
SwiftCover have responded by saying that Iggy was chosen “as an actor who ‘loves life’ rather than as a musician.”, also using the fact that he’s American as an excuse, although I’m not sure what affect that has – does nationality override job title in insurance underwriting?
Regardless of whether you find the ads annoying or not, whether you think Iggy Pop has sold out, or even whether SwiftCover would insure him, the ads have had the desired effect when it comes to people talking about SwiftCover, so they’re probably not bothered much by this.
This is not the first time that an insurance company has been caught out in their adverts – eSure were
found out when somebody realised they wouldn’t cover Film Directors, even though Death Wish director Michael Winner promotes them. Also, it was also claimed that Sheila’s Wheels would not insure a Pink Cadillac which is a feature of its advertising.
- Cuvva: Short-Term Car Insurance (September 8, 2016)
- Cuvva Launches Car Insurance For Low Mileage Drivers (January 27, 2017)
- Trov: On-Demand Insurance For Your Gadgets (November 24, 2016)
- Could A Dashcam Save You Money On Your Car Insurance? (October 11, 2016)
- HSBC Launches Talking Cash Machines (May 10, 2017)