Some of the treats that we’re stilling coughing up for are our annual holidays, playing the lottery and weekly takeaways.
This got me thinking about what luxuries or treats that we’ve cut out. I don’t think we’ve really gone without very much on smaller items (maybe cut down here and there, downbranded a little and done some more comparison shopping), but the major thing would be moving from being a 2-car family to having just one car. We had also been talking about getting a new kitchen and knocking through to our lounge, but this costly work has been put on hold for the moment.
Have you cut any luxuries or treats out since the recession hit? What can you not possibly do without? Let us know in the comments below.
photo credit: msspider66
- £5.7billion: Amount Britons Spent On Unused Tech in 2015 (February 24, 2016)
- 10 Simple Money Savers You Shouldn’t Ignore (June 18, 2016)
- Google To Shut Down Their Financial Comparison Service (February 24, 2016)
- HSBC Launches Talking Cash Machines (May 10, 2017)
- Avoid This Amazon Scam (January 18, 2017)