Abbey have estimated that students will do an estimated 6.8 million hours of work experience this summer in an attempt to get their foot on the shaky employment ladder.
That’s a pretty staggering figure for what amounts to free work for the companies that employ them.
This reminded me of my own work experience, in a factory that manufactured door closers. How did this help with my own career? I’m not too sure, other than showing me the monotony of getting up early every day and the joy of getting a couple of buses across town.
My work experience was pretty unremarkable, but I’m interested in hearing your work experience stories – did you enjoy what you did, or were you made to work for nothing like a slave? And has your work experience given you any help in your subsequent career? Let us know in the comments below.
- “Fare Free Mondays” Are Back On TfL For Apple Pay Users (March 2, 2016)
- Monzo For Android Devices (May 25, 2016)
- Trov: On-Demand Insurance For Your Gadgets (November 24, 2016)
- Contactless Cards Can Be Used Months After Cancellation (September 9, 2016)
- Monzo Killing Off Its Prepaid Cards (January 23, 2018)