Barclays is aiming to take on Simon Cowell by running a Britain’s Got Talent / X-Factor style dance talent competition to find the nation’s best dance act (oh, and to promote its new look branches too).
To celebrate the launch of a host of brand new state-of-the-art Barclays branches, Barclays Live is on the lookout for the UK’s hottest dance acts! The competition will take place across the UK with Barclays Live events being held in 6 regions where new Barclays branches are being launched, and is open to anyone who thinks they’ve got what it takes to wow the judges, be it as an individual, duo, group or troupe.
Barclay’s is asking entrants to upload a video of their moves to Youtube, with the top 10 entries in each of 6 regions getting through to a live round judged by Strictly Come Dancing “star” Brendan Cole. The top 5 in each region will then go into a vote on the Barclays Live website, with the winners each recieving £1,000. Simple eh?
Here’s a video explaining more:
It got me wondering of some other reality TV-inspired promotions that banks could do. Perhaps the business banking division could do a Dragon’s Den style competition, with a panel of judges deciding whether they get a loan or not?
- Donate To Comic Relief With Barclays Pingit (March 10, 2015)
- Halifax Online Banking Redesign (September 2, 2015)
- Topshop & Barclaycard bPay Launch Contactless Payment Accessory Range (November 12, 2015)
- Yorkshire Building Society Launch Financial Advice By Video (September 23, 2015)
- Financial Technology Competition Launched (March 4, 2015)