So Apple’s newest phone, the iPhone 4, will soon be released, and the networks selling it have all been announcing their tariffs and costs for the phone.
Because of the number of options available, it’s pretty difficult to weigh up which is the best deal, but thankfully, help is at hand.
Jamie Edwards has produced a spreadsheet showing the cost of the iPhone 4 from 02, Orange and Vodafone, which will show you the total cost of both the 16GB and 32GB models over the course of the contract, and the effective monthly cost over 18 months.
Edwards has also calculated what he calls the “talk time value index”, which compares the total cost of ownership (TCO) over the life of the contract with the amount of talk time that you get, to produce a handy comparison – wouldn’t it be great if all mobile phone tariffs and contracts had this included to help us compare plans?
The Guardian have taken the data and produced a graph of the deals:
So there you have it, makes it a far easier comparison, doesn’t it?
photo credit: smemon87
- Infographic: Mobile Wallets Compared (August 19, 2015)
- Unshackled.com: Antidote To Rip-Off Mobile Phone Contracts? (June 29, 2016)
- comparethemarket.com Launches New App For Instant Energy Price Comparison (July 22, 2015)
- HSBC & First Direct Now Available On Apple Pay (July 28, 2015)
- Pennies Budgeting App Now Available For Apple Watch (April 30, 2015)