photo credit: Johan Larsson
There’s another telephone scam to watch out for which tries to suggest that the government has introduced a new scheme to write-off debts.
Miss Thrifty has the details of the scam which appears to be targeting mobile phones, and uses a recorded message to announce that the government’s scheme will wipe out 100% of your debts within 12 months.
There’s no details on what will happen if you press 2 as suggested in the recorded message, but the likelihood is you’ll start to receive premium rate text messages and as a result you’ll see your mobile phone bill rocket.
There’s an increasing number of other people reporting calls from the number on the WhoCallsMe website – this is a useful site to checkout any telephone numbers you’re unsure about.
- Warning: Amazon Prime Renewal Phone Call Scam (July 27, 2020)
- One In Four Brits Have Fallen Victim To A Scam: Watch A Scammer In Action (November 30, 2016)
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Unshackled.com: Antidote To Rip-Off Mobile Phone Contracts? (June 29, 2016)
- first direct Uses Voice Biometrics To Verify Clients (September 14, 2016)