If you own an iPhone or iPad without an unlimited data package then you no doubt worry about incurring extra charges for going over your monthly data limits.
That’s precisely what the My Data Usage Pro iPhone and iPad app, currently 69p in the app store, aims to prevent, by showing you how much data you’ve consumed, for either wifi data (which is usually free) and, more importantly, cellular data. Here are some of the features of the app:
- Measures Cellular and WiFi data.
- No need to run this app in background, saving your battery.
- Monthly data analysis predicting your data usage in the current month and suggests usage patterns so that you don’t overrun your limit before the end of the month.
- Designed for both iPhone and iPad. Buy once, use everywhere (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
- Green, red and yellow colour-coded warnings to tell you where your usage stands.
- “Since Last Run” feature can help find out data used by other apps. Very useful for fishing out data-hogging apps.
- Works with any network provider as it gathers all its data from inside the device without ever having to login anywhere else.
Showing how much cellular data you’ve used so far in the month:
And a prediction of your monthly usage:
Current wifi usage:
Predicted wifi usage:
The simple settings screen:
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)
- Monzo Killing Off Its Prepaid Cards (January 23, 2018)