Lloyds TSB has announced improvements to its mobile banking website in order for its customers to find it more convenient to do their banking on their phones.
The improved mobile banking service is available across a wide range of smartphones and enables Internet Banking customers to access their money and manage their accounts using the most commonly used features of Internet Banking –
and all on mobile optimised screens. Customers can access Mobile Banking through their smartphone’s web browser – simply by logging on with their existing Internet Banking logon details.
The new service provides Lloyds TSB customers with a variety of features:
- The ability to view account details and balances on Lloyds TSB personal accounts, savings accounts and credit cards
- See mini-statements (last six transactions) on Lloyds TSB personal current and credit card accounts
- Pay bills or existing recipients
- Set up new payment recipients (on most internet enabled smartphones)
- Transfer funds between Lloyds TSB personal accounts or savings accounts
- Check credit card limits
Talking about the changes, Ashley Machin, Director of Digital Banking at Lloyds TSB, said:
“As an increasing number of people use their mobile phones for day-to-day activities and purchases, it is only natural for customers to also want to access banking through their mobile phones.
“Mobile technology is evolving at a rapid pace and consumer appetite is moving with these changes. At Lloyds TSB, digital innovation is at the heart of our strategy and we are looking to provide customers with technology to meet their needs, allowing them to access their banking on the move.”
it’s interesting that they appear to be another bank going down the website optimised for the small screen route, rather than developing dedicated smartphone apps.
You can access Lloyds TSB mobile banking by going to http://mobile.lloydstsb.com/onthemove/ – it would help if they could come up with a shorter URL to help those people using a tiny smartphone keyboard. Lloyds TSB customers registered for online banking can just use their normal login details to access their accounts.
Let us know how you get on with this new mobile site in the comments below.
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- New Nationwide Banking App Launched (July 13, 2016)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Tablet Banking “Failing To Take Off” (September 1, 2016)