Back in February Barclays launched their PingIt app, which allowed iPhone, Blackberry and Android phone users the opportunity to send and receive money via a phone number and without the need to share bank details.
At the time of launch, non-Barclays account holders could only receive payments, but as of yesterday, Barclays has updated the app to allow any UK bank customer to both receive and send payments.
If you don’t bank with Barclays, when you register you’ll have a Barclays Pingit Wallet account set up for you on the app for you to use to send money. You can top-up the Barclays Pingit Wallet account by paying in cash at a Barclays branch, transferring money to it from your UK current account or using any UK Barclays ATM.
As well as opening all the functionality of the app up to other banks’ customers, the app has also undergone some cosmetic changes to make it easier to use.
Barclays PingIt home screen:
View your available balance:
View your transactions:
Make a transfer:
Have you used the Barclays PingIt app? Let us know what you think of it in the comments below.
- Donate To Comic Relief With Barclays Pingit (March 10, 2015)
- Send & Receive Money In GMail For Android (March 16, 2017)
- Collect Money With Ease With Monzo.Me (December 8, 2016)
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)
- Paypal Mobile App Redesign (February 21, 2016)