The BBC’s technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones recently tried to spend a few days getting by only with mobile money; spending just with his smartphone.
You can see how Rory got on in the video below:
For those who can’t be bothered to watch the video, the answer is he struggled. Few retailers offered to take mobile payments, and the systems were confusing and misunderstood. Although if he’d have gone to a Greggs or McDonalds rather than fancy coffee shops then he might have found it easier.
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Forget Contactless, Hands Free Payments Are The Future* (March 3, 2016)
- Yorkshire Building Society Launch Financial Advice By Video (September 23, 2015)
- Apple Pay Coming To The UK In July 2015 (June 8, 2015)
- Droplet Expands Across UK, Introduces Referral Scheme (November 5, 2015)