Whilst most of us are still trying to get our heads around whether Google Glass is a great idea or just a ridiculous gimmick, companies are desperately trying to imagine how they could integrate their businesses into the new technology.
Personal finance and banking aren’t obvious candidates for integration with this face-based smart technology, but a Ukrainian bank, PrivatBank, has come up with some ideas with how they see it being used in the future.
The video (below) shows a user using Google Glass to find a cash machine, transfer money whilst driving (let’s not bring health and safety into this), pay a bill by taking a photo and pay for a tank of petrol without going in to the service station.
Without wanting to be too much of a killjoy, in most of these cases, Google Glass isn’t really enabling the user to do anything that they couldn’t do just as easily on a smartphone.
- Brits “More Likely To Change Spouse Than PIN” (October 1, 2014)
- Is Your Contactless Card Being Scanned Without You Knowing? (February 19, 2016)
- Hack An ATM For Piles Of Cash (October 8, 2014)
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Google To Shut Down Their Financial Comparison Service (February 24, 2016)