Apple Pay is slowly adding support for more UK banks, with Halifax and Lloyds Bank the latest to launch on the mobile payment system.
HSBC and First Direct were added after the initial release of Apple Pay, and with Halifax and Lloyds now joining in the fun, that brings the number of UK banks, credit card providers and a building society available on the service to 11. Here’s a list of the companies whose cards can currently be added:
- American Express
- First Direct
- Royal Bank of Scotland
Halifax customers can find out more about using Apple Pay on their website. Similarly, Lloyds offer setup information for their customers on their site.
As more and more banks are added, we’ll begin to see whether Apple Pay will really start to take off. If you’re a customer of one of those companies listed above, and have tried out Apple Pay, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
- HSBC & First Direct Now Available On Apple Pay (July 28, 2015)
- Android Pay Launching In The UK (March 23, 2016)
- Fraud Warning For Bank Customers On Twitter (September 10, 2015)
- Barclays Top Bank On Facebook (September 20, 2015)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)