MoreÂ first directÂ customers are using the app on their smartphone rather than their computer to manage their current accounts. The switchover took place in August and was confirmed in Septemberâ€™s figures.
On average,Â first directâ€™s customers interact with the bank through digital channels (app and browser) around 25 times more than telephony each month.
The trend towards mobile banking has been increasing rapidly, with industry predictions suggesting 2019 will be when app usage overtakes online (desktop) in the UK*.
â€œfirst directÂ continues to be a pioneer ofÂ seamless, secure, and intuitive banking. Our customers want an omni-channel approach to banking but theyâ€™re now choosing the app as their primary way of managing their accounts.â€
â€œMobile offers our customers more and more functionality, and weâ€™re seeing a rapid migration towards mobile becoming the digital channel of choice. Weâ€™re seeing fewer calls per customer, but weâ€™re always there with real people to help with complex queries.â€
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)