According to the BBC, the humble cheque hits 350 years old today, and despite a gradual decline in use, is unlikely to completely disappear for quite a few years to come.
Those aged in their 20s don’t know what a chequebook is, and those in their 30s don’t know where their chequebook is…
In this article, the BBC discusses the innovation in payment technology, including contactless debit cards, where payments of up to Â£10 can be made without a signature or PIN, and payment by mobile phone, either through special chips embedded in them or by text, with the payment being added to your bill.
photo credit: CarbonNYC
- Santander First High Street Bank To Offer FitBit Pay (April 26, 2018)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Man Charged Over Covid-19 Vaccine Scam Text Messages (January 23, 2021)
- Revolut launches smart Subscriptions feature (October 6, 2020)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)