Chances are that since you left school, you’ve always wondered why you ever bothered learning maths, because you’ve never had to use it since.
Well here’s your chance to finally put it to some use: calculating how much booze you’re going to have to buy for your next party:
Video site Howcast says that, as a rule of thumb, you should allow two drinks per guest for the first hour of your party and one drink for each additional hour.
It’s worth remembering that this is drinking as practiced in the U.S.A., so you’ll probably need to triple the measures they suggest to bring it up to the accepted U.K. binge-drinking standard. Then triple it again if it’s a student party.
Drink responsibly this weekend, everyone!
photo credit: Close to Spectacular
- Trov: On-Demand Insurance For Your Gadgets (November 24, 2016)
- DrnkPay: Payments System Aims To Stop Drunken Spending (May 15, 2017)
- Ticketclever: New Site Could Save You 60% On Train Fares (February 2, 2017)
- Cuvva Launches Car Insurance For Low Mileage Drivers (January 27, 2017)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)