Remember the pervy Aussie banker caught ogling a near-naked model on his PC screen whilst his colleague was interviewed on TV?
Well, quick-thinking HSBC decided to jump on the back of the story (the video has had over 3 million views on Youtube) by mocking the event in a recent ad in an Australian paper:
Not too sure how Macquarie will feel having the embarrassing story and a picture of one of their staff used in an ad for a competitor, but it’s a clever bit of time-sensitive marketing from HSBC. Leave it too long to get something like this out and the impact is lost.
Via Financial Brand.
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- HSBC & First Direct Now Available On Apple Pay (July 28, 2015)
- Forget Contactless, Hands Free Payments Are The Future* (March 3, 2016)
- A Run On RBS Bank? No, Just A Game Of American Football (August 20, 2015)
- HSBC Online Banking “Back To Normal” (January 7, 2016)