Remember the pervy Aussie banker caught ogling a near-naked model on his PC screen whilst his colleague was interviewed on TV?
Well, quick-thinking HSBC decided to jump on the back of the story (the video has had over 3 million views on Youtube) by mocking the event in a recent ad in an Australian paper:
Not too sure how Macquarie will feel having the embarrassing story and a picture of one of their staff used in an ad for a competitor, but it’s a clever bit of time-sensitive marketing from HSBC. Leave it too long to get something like this out and the impact is lost.
Via Financial Brand.
- HSBC Launches “Connected Money” App (May 9, 2018)
- eBay To Launch Price Match Guarantee On 20,000+ Items (July 5, 2017)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- Budgeting Apps “Lead To Overspending” (January 13, 2021)