Metro Bank have claimed that they have beaten their first years target for new accounts in only their first month of trading.
It’s an interesting claim from the new bank, but sadly it hasn’t been backed up with any actual numbers, so it’s difficult to guage just how well Metro Bank has been received. Â One quote does however suggest a “waiting list of 200 people to open business accounts”. We’d be intereste in hearing some more accurate stats if anyone has them. Promisingly, Metro Bank is planning on recruiting another 100 staff, although it’s a drop in the ocean whilst other banks are still announcing massive job losses.
They have now doubled their number of open branches, with their second branch opening in Earls Court last weekend, to join their original branch in Holborn.
They’ve also made some updates to their website, although the amateurish design still doesn’t do much to convey trust in their brand:
Whilst there is still no ability to apply for any of Metro Banks accounts online, they do have login areas for their personal banking and business banking clients, although the site isn’t keen on users with Google Chrome web browsers:
If you’re one of Metro Banks new customers, we’d be interested in hearing your experiences with them so far. How does their online banking compare to other banks? Are they meeting their many promises? Let us know in the comments below.
- Banking Apps “Save Brits Average of Â£173 a Month” (April 13, 2021)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- Young People “Most Likely To Be Victims Of Online Fraud” (November 11, 2018)