A recent patented granted to Apple seems to confirm that a future version of the iPhone (probably the iPhone 5) will have “E-Wallet” NFC functionality:
It’s unlikely that it will be eventually be called E-Wallet (or EWallet) though, as that term is already trademarked.
A more likely name is iWallet, although several people have already tried to register variations on this, yet Apple may have enough resources to take on those who wish to add an i to their product names. They may well surprise us and come up with something cleverer than we could ever think of though. (Here’s a list of Apple trademarks).
- HSBC & First Direct Now Available On Apple Pay (July 28, 2015)
- Apple Pay Coming To The UK In July 2015 (June 8, 2015)
- iZettle Launches Card Reader to Support Apple Pay & Contactless Payments (May 19, 2015)
- Pre-Paid Currency Card Adds Apple Pay Support (August 2, 2017)
- Pennies Budgeting App Now Available For Apple Watch (April 30, 2015)