Remember we told you last year that Tesco was kicking the tyres of a new business model and starting to sell used cars online? No, of course you don’t.
Well, after just a year, Tesco has decided that it can no longer offer a decent service to its clients, and has shut down the site.
We started Tesco Cars in good faith and we always aim to do a good job for customers. However, following a review of the business model we and Carsite, our partner, have decided that we cannot offer customers a satisfactory range of vehicles and as a result, have decided it is right to close the business.
Tesco purchased Carsite and launched Tesco Cars last April, but according to the Telegraph, were selling just 150 cars per month towards the end of last year. They put their problems down to the lack of supply of cars, which they were originally getting from “banks, lease and fleet companies”.
For existing customers of Tesco Cars, there’s an FAQ on the site letting you know what to do if you’re yet to have your order fulfilled.
- Zeek Review: Buy & Sell Discount Vouchers & Gift Cards (September 29, 2016)
- Could A Dashcam Save You Money On Your Car Insurance? (October 11, 2016)
- Droplet Seeks Further Funding To Drive Growth (February 16, 2016)
- Price Tracking Site Launch: Be Notified When Price Drops (February 4, 2016)
- HSBC Online Banking “Back To Normal” (January 7, 2016)