Could we finally be seeing the end of the online banking dongle?
Barclays have had their PINSentry device for a while, and not so long ago, HSBC introduced their ever-so-popular SecureKey keypad, which both generated random access codes to provide an extra layer of security to their online banking.
But there’s always been problems with these devices; you have to remember them wherever you go, you have to wait to receive them in the first place, their batteries run out (so then need replacing) and they’re easily lost. Despite the added security they bring, they’ve always seemed to be more trouble than they’re worth.
So there’s some good news in the announcement that Barclays are making the sensible move of integrating their PINSentry system into their mobile banking app, allowing you to keep the same level of security wherever you take your phone.
- Folio App: Save Small Amounts For Specific Goals (November 30, 2016)
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Barclays Confirms Imminent Apple Pay Launch (February 17, 2016)
- Paypal Mobile App Redesign (February 21, 2016)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)