The Financial Brand runs a quarterly review of the use of social media by banks, and have recently published the results of their research for the 3rd quarter of 2014.
Below are the rankings of the top ten UK banks on social media, based on Financial Brand’s “Power 1oo Score”, which is calculated based on a range of factors, such as Facebook Likes, and Twitter followers.
As you can see Natwest comes top in their rankings, which is a bit of a surprise. I would have thought that First Direct would have ranked more highly, although their rankings are probably a function of their number of customers, which is not massive compared with the other high street banks.
For those interested in how banks manage social media interaction, eConsultancy has recently published a couple of articles which are worth a read:
- Share Dealing on Facebook: A Glimpse Into The Future? (June 22, 2016)
- Experian Launches Free Credit Score Service (September 7, 2016)
- Chip: Automatic Savings App Launched (October 13, 2016)
- Leetchi.com: Money Collection Platform Launches In UK (October 19, 2016)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)