First Direct has launched a series of viral videos depicting their “First Direct Buddies”, a team of specially-trained employees who are on call to help out customers in need of assistance, whatever their needs.
The videos promote the (fictional) Buddy iPhone app:
First Direct also have a Youtube channel where you can see further Buddy videos, amongst others.
Judging by some of the comments on the Buddy app, it looks as if quite a lot of people have been taken in by it, and think (or hope) that it’s real:
Perhaps customers don’t expect a bank to do marketing in such an irreverent way like this?
Others are more cynical:
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- first direct Partners With Financial Platform Bud (October 19, 2017)
- NatWest “Mimo” – New Personal Finance App Trialled (March 31, 2019)
- Warning: Amazon Prime Renewal Phone Call Scam (July 27, 2020)