First Direct has launched a series of viral videos depicting their “First Direct Buddies”, a team of specially-trained employees who are on call to help out customers in need of assistance, whatever their needs.
The videos promote the (fictional) Buddy iPhone app:
First Direct also have a Youtube channel where you can see further Buddy videos, amongst others.
Judging by some of the comments on the Buddy app, it looks as if quite a lot of people have been taken in by it, and think (or hope) that it’s real:
Perhaps customers don’t expect a bank to do marketing in such an irreverent way like this?
Others are more cynical:
- Mobile #1 Channel For First Direct Customers (November 10, 2018)
- first direct Launches Face ID For iPhone X Mobile App (November 3, 2017)
- HSBC & First Direct Now Available On Apple Pay (July 28, 2015)
- Apple Pay Now Supports Halifax & Lloyds (September 11, 2015)
- Loot: Money Management App For Students (September 14, 2015)